Signs of Christ's Coming - messages of hope.
Why doesn't the Bible give the exact year? (Matthew 24:36)
- People would put off preparation - no guarantee that we will live till then. Be ready!
- People still wouldn't believe or would believe for the wrong reason.
What are the signs about?
The battle is for the minds of people.
- Satan is doing his worst - to distort the picture of God Revelation 12:12 -to deceive -to discourage.
- God is doing His best - to reveal himself.
These activities come to a crescendo as the end approaches.
Signs - when you see all these things.
1. The prophetic periods Daniel 2, 7, 8.
* Outcome - The God of heaven will set us a kingdom which will last forever.
2. In the natural world.
- Sun moon and stars. (Matthew 24:29)
- Earthquakes. (Luke 21:11)
- Natural disasters.
*Outcome - God is going to create a new earth. (Revelation 21:1-4)
3. Political world.
- Wars. (Matthew 24:6 Revelation 11:18)
- Show character of Satan - God gets the blame.
- Peace movement. (1 Thessalonians 5:1-3)
*Designed to lull us into a false sense of security. Be alert!
- Lawlessness increases. (Matthew 24:12)
- Love grows cold. (Matthew 24:12; 2 Timothy 3:1-4)
*Outcome - Hang on to the end - you will be saved.
- form of religion. (2 Timothy 3:4, 5)
- scoffers. (2 Peter 3:3,4)
- false religion setting dates. (Luke 21:8)
- persecuting. (Luke 21:12)
- working miracles. (Matthew 24:5, 24) don't be deceived.
- The gospel invitation to all the world. (Matthew 24:14)
*God wants everyone to be in His kingdom.
The signs tell us? Be encouraged - Jesus is coming again! (Luke 21:18)