|Online Bible Study Centre|
The Bible nowhere sets out to prove God's existence.
It does say that eternal life comes from knowing God. John 17:3
What must we believe before we can come to God? Hebrews 11:6
The knowledge of God is available to be seen in creation. Romans 1:18
There are the limits to what we can know about God? Deuteronomy 29:29 Ecclesiastes 11:5
Evidences for God's existence
1. The world exists
For every effect there is a cause. Non-existance doesn't seem to require a cause.
2. The world seems to have been designed
3. People are unique, complex beings with minds and personalities
4. People value certain things.
5. People have a sense of right and wrong.
6. People seem aware of a greater reality.
7. Peoples lives and experiences indicate there is a God.
8. People are capable of thinking of God.
God has chosen to reveal Himself to us as :
God the Father is God
Jesus is God
If Jesus is not God, then these verses contradict each other, the book is unreliable, and we might as well quit.
The Holy Spirit is God
Copyright K. Bird © 2004.
|South Coast Home||Bible Study Home||Beliefs||Return to Top||ADRA|
Copyright © 2006, Bega SDA Church. All rights reserved.
Contact the Webmaster.